Anita Krohn Traaseth
Anita Krohn Traaseth
|Born||December 16, 1971|
Anita Krohn Traaseth (born 16 December 1971 in Sandefjord) is a Norwegian business executive and author. In September 2014 she was appointed CEO of Innovation Norway, the Norwegian Government's official instrument for innovation and development of Norwegian enterprises and industry. She is a former Managing Director of Hewlett-Packard Norway. She lives in Oslo.
Krohn Traaseth started her career as a trainee in IBM Norge in 1996. She joined the Norwegian division of Hewlett-Packard (HP) in 2009 and in 2012 she became the first female Managing Director running a country in Scandinavia for HP. She was the former CEO of the commercializing company Simula Innovation , and was director of strategy in DNV Software between 2002-2005. She has been a board member of KLP and since 2013 elected President of HP EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Afrika) Women's Council.
Krohn Traaseth became well known for the Norwegian public when she published her application for the MD position  of HP Norway in her private leadership blog Tinteguri (established 2012). She is inspired by John Kotter and implements his eight step for transformation in all operative job assignments. She was voted one of top Young business talents in Norway 2003, ranked amongst top 40 Leader potentials cross business, politics and science in Norway 2009 and received the awards for best female leader in the ICT industry in Norway 2012, Oda-awards. In 2013 she received the Social Media Personality of the Year Award from Kampanje.
She is active and visible in the Norwegian business environment with extended network, board memberships, and external presentations. Her external participation in public debate covers core areas within innovation, digitalization and next generation leadership challenges.
In March 2014, Krohn Traaseth published her first book Godt nok for de svina; and was published in English as Good Enough for the 'Bastards´ in August of that year.
- Government congratulates new Innovation Norway CEO - Government of Norway Press Release, May 25, 2014 (in Norwegian)
- KLP Board of Directors
- CEO Anita Krohn-Traaseth gets international position within HP - Press Release from Hewlett-Packard, April 2, 2013 (in Norwegian)
- This Application gave her the Executive Position Aftenposten (In Norwegian)
- The Ranking of top 25 Young Business Talents The Management Newspaper "Ukeavisen Ledelse" (In Norwegian)
- Oda-Awards for Anita Krohn Traaseth
- Profile interview: Getting a mentor BI Norwegian Business School
- Norwegian executive tells women to go for success over perfection - Chicago Tribune, October 9, 2014