This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anita Prime is a singer-songwriter from New Zealand. At the 2011 Los Angeles Music Awards she won the Best Music Video for "La La La" after being nominated for both this, and Best International Artist categories.
Prime came from a musical family with members fluent in the piano, trumpet and ukulele. She began singing at a very early age, began learning piano from the age of 5 and went on to learn the flute, guitar and drums. Prime entered her first talent contest at 13 as part of a group called Three 'n One. Reaching adulthood she went on to work the New Zealand club circuit and in perform as a featured artist in many community and charity events.
Prime's career headed toward the international stage in 2010 when she met Grammy Award nominated record producer Ron Thaler at a conference. At the time Ron stated: "…I listened to her music and I was like 'well you've got an absolutely killer voice' but I don't think the music is at the place that it needs to be" Concerned about production values Ron rerecorded and reworked the entire album. In 2011 Prime began an international tour performing in Paris, London, Vancouver and Los Angeles. Whilst in France Prime performed a solo concert at the Carlton Cannes Hotel on the French Riviera during the MIDEM Music Festival.
In March 2011 Prime was nominated for two LA Music Awards, Best International Artist, and Best Music Video for her hit "La La La". She performed at the Nomination Awards ceremony and again toured the US including other venues in Los Angeles and venues in New York.
In November 2011, Prime won the LA Music Awards Best Music Video category for "La La La".
|2011||New Zealand||TV1||Good Morning Show|
|2011||Canada||CTV||Out Their with Melissa Di Marco|
|Pre-production||United States||T.B.A.||Almost Famous|
Prime has been involved with charity work throughout her career. Prime worked with such charitable groups as Certain Sounds and Team Xtreme. Team Xtreme is a charity that helps youth with esteem and life skills issues.
|2007||Upper Hutt N.Z.||Rik Lincoln Appeal||Featured Artist|
|2011||Richmond VA U.S.||Kids are Heroes*||Featured Artist|
|2011||Upper Hutt N.Z.||Christchurch Earthquake||Featured Artist|
|2012||Palmerston North N.Z.||Phoenix Treatment Appeal||Featured Artist|
|2012||Nelson N.Z.||For Phoenix||Featured Artist|
- Destiny (2010)
|2011||La La La||Destiny||-|
* U.S. Billboard Breakouts & Dance Club Play
- Jimmy Ness.Night off work has certainly paid off.Upper Hutt Leader, February 16, 2011.
- "Prime to star at Square concert". Manawatu Standard. 30 November 2011.
- Tim Lambourne (6 Dec 2010). "Grammy-nominated producer lends hand to Kiwi singer". TV3 News.
- Amy Jackman (13 December 2011). "First Kiwi to win LA honour". Hutt News. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Time. "All Star Rock Tour Rochester, NY - All Star Rock Tour at Main Street Armory - May 21, 2011 8:00 pm". Eventful. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "CentralPHO - Team Xtreme Manawatu". Centralhealth.org.nz. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Upper Hutt Leader, October 17, 2007
- Upper Hutt Leader, April 6, 2011
- "Event - In Our Hands". TicketDirect. 2012-03-03. Retrieved 2012-07-16.