Anna Coogan Tour 2014
|Born||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Associated acts||JD Foster, Johnny Dowd|
Anna Coogan is an American singer and songwriter.
Anna Coogan started her musical songwriter career in Seattle, when she founded the Band North 19 in 2004 with Tarvis Beard and Kevin Burkett. Anna Coogan developed her specific "bittersweet americana" style and released her first solo album, "The Nocturnal Among Us", in 2010. This Album was produced by JD Foster. The songs of the following album "The wasted Ocean" were inspired by haunting tales of shipwrecks and isolation. Among the musicians who contributed to this album (produced by Evan Brubacker) was the violist Eyvind Kang. Since 2010 Anna Coogan has been performing regularly with the electric guitarist Daniele Fiaschi from Rome. Their collaboration is documented in two more albums. In 2013 she renewed her collaboration with producer and multi-instrumentalist JD Foster. They went to the Wilburland Studio in Newfield, New York to record a collection of co-written new songs. They released together the album "Birth of the Stars" in October 2014. Anna Coogan contributed vocals to severals tracks on Johnny Dowds 2015 album That's Your Wife on the Back of My Horse.
Anna Coogan performs at international Festivals like the Blue Ball Festival in Luzern, The Maverick Festival in Suffolk, United Kingdom, the Glasgow Americana Festival and Celtic Connections. She toured regularly in the USA and Europe, especially Great Britain, Netherlands and Germany with Daniele Fiaschi. In 2012 her European tour was joined by Seattle-based Songwriter Joy Mills. In 2014 Anna Coogan formed a trio with JD Foster and Brian Wilson aka Willie B.(Johnny Dowd) for another tour around the Netherlands and Germany. She has also performed for large European radio stations such as BBC 2 and WDR, Cologne. In 2015 and 2017 Anna Coogan and Willie B went again to Europe for another tour.
In 2015 Anna Coogan wrote a score for Jean Epstein's silent movie The Fall of the House of Usher and performed it with Willie B and Michael Stark at Ithaca. In March, 2016 she joined again with Willie B and Michael Stark to perform an original score for Aetlia, Queen of Mars at the Cornell Cinema.
- "Her voice is sweet and engaging but has enough salt in it to bring out some of the melancholy and brooding beauty of her lyrics." – The Telegraph (UK)
- Cowboys Lullaby, 2004
- Glory(with North 19), Tarnished Records 2004
- Sleepwalker(with North 19), 2007
- The Nocturnal among us, 2010
- The Wasted Ocean, 2012
- The Nowhere, Rome Sessions, (with Daniele Fiaschi) 2012
- Live at Little Rabbit Barn (with Daniele Fiaschi), 2013
- Birth of the Stars (with JD Foster), Elevate 2014
- Live at the Triple Door (with Willie B), 2015
- The Loneley Cry Of Space And Time, 2017
- "Anna Coogan plus". OutlineOnline.co.uk. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- Chilton, Martin (September 4, 2012). "Anna Coogan And Daniele Fiaschi, The Nowhere, Rome Sessions, CD review". The Telegraph. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Coogan.|