Anna Fur Laxis
Anna Fur Laxis is an English pin-up model and burlesque dancer, particularly noteworthy for her extensive tattoos and her introduction of axe-throwing and other unusual skills into her work. Her performances include residencies at Jeepers Peepers Burlesque (York, UK) and Wet Spot (Leeds, UK), and have been acclaimed around the world. She also makes frequent appearances in print both as a model and as a celebrity, having appeared many times in 21st Century Pin-Ups magazine, Skin Deep magazine and Bizarre magazine.
She studied radiography at university, and in 2005 chose the name Anna Fur Laxis, a pun on anaphylaxis, for modelling, continuing to use it for burlesque dancing. She made her debut as a burlesque dancer in the Ruby Review in Leeds. Her tattoo on her left arm covers third-degree burns from an accident at a young age.
In the Knife, Axe, Tomahawk Throwing Association UK Tournament, 2010, she finished second to Rich Sunderland in the 1 spin knife category, and joint second with Chris Bilton and Rose Bilton to Rich Sunderland in the 2 spin knife category.
Her acts include:
|Viva Bettie||A tribute to Bettie Page|
|Next||A feather fan dance|
|Memory of a Goldfish||She portrays a goldfish with glamorous ambitions|
|Cheesecake Cheesequake||A dance focused on the classic quiver and shimmy|
|Everything Stops for Tease||A fetishistic tea party performance|
|Castaway||A desert island survival story|
|Behind Enemy Lines||A wartime tale of evading capture|
|French Kiss||A tribute to European style and romance|
|Domestic Bliss||Anna shows her housewifery skills|
|Rudolph Clocks Off||A Christmas story about the after-hours activities of Santa's reindeer|
|Laxis of Evil||An axe-throwing, balloon-popping piece of circus-style entertainment|
- "Anna Fur Laxis". The Martini Lounge. February 2011. Archived from the original on 2 November 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Donajgrodzki, Elli (1 September 2009). "Anna Fur Laxis". Interview. Leeds Guide. Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Roche, Björn (8 April 2009). "Anna Fur Laxis: A Little Slice of Americana in UK Burlesque - Interview With One of England's Coolest Burlesque Dancers". Chicktellectual. Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Rosa, Sofire (29 September 2010). "Interview with Anna Fur Laxis!!". Debased. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Anna Fur Laxis Interview". Quirky Boutique. 28 July 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "2010 KATTA Tournament". News. UK Knife, Axe & Tomahawk Throwing Association. 1 August 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Johnson, Holli-Mae (August 2011). "Winners Interviews: Anna Fur Laxis, 1st Runner Up". Burlesque Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on 22 December 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Devotchka, Divertida (31 January 2012). "Anna Fur Laxis". Interview. Pin Curl. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Fur Laxis.|