Annadale Hockey Club
|Grounds||Lough Moss Leisure Centre,
|Chairman 2007-2008||Michael Graham|
|Secretary 2007-2008||Lyn Lake|
|Branch||Ulster Branch of the IHA|
|Club Colours||White, black and red|
The club started life as Annadale Grammar School Former Pupils in 1968. It soon, however, became an open club. The connection with Annadale Grammar School, now Wellington College, is still strong. Coaching continues and the school playing facilities are still used by junior teams.
The club quickly rose through the league structure, gaining promotion to senior status following its Intermediate League win in 1970-71. Senior League 1 was attained for the first time after Section 2 was won in the 1975-76 season.
The club's initial spell in the top section of the Ulster Senior League lasted five years. There followed a period when Annadale bounced between Section 1 and Section 2. The 1984-85 season saw Annadale win promotion to the top section again, a status that has been held ever since.
A highlight during this period was the success in reaching the final of the Irish Senior Cup.
The 1999-2000 season saw Annadale win the Kirk Cup for the first time. Finally in the 2002-03 season the club attained the top spot in the Premier League of the Ulster Senior League. The league was won for five consecutive seasons from 2002-03 to 2006-7.
The second team also sampled success, with four Irish Junior Cup wins.
Annadale's recent dominance of the Ulster Premier League is due to key players in the 1st XI team. In the recent years many players have represented both Ulster and Ireland. David Smyth and Chris Jackson would be two players mainly responsible for this dominance; however players such as Iain Lewers, Jonathan Moore, Ian Hamilton, David Robb, Jonathan Quigley and Neil Stewart can not be discounted.
Iain Lewers is currently playing professionally in the Netherlands for EHL 2008 Runners Up HGC.
- Irish Junior Cup
- 1999-00, 2001–02, 2003–04, 2005–06
- Ulster Senior League
- 2002-03, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07
- Kirk Cup
- Anderson Cup
- Belfast Newsletter 28/05/1977 Page 12
- Belfast Telegraph 28/12/1999 Page 19
- "BBC Sport Kirk Cup Final Report 2007-08 Season". BBC News. 2007-12-26. Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "Lisnagarvey pay the penalty against Annadale". 26 December 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "BBC 2001 Anderson Cup Final Report". BBC News. 2001-05-17. Retrieved 2007-05-22.
- "BBC 2006-07 Anderson Cup Final Report". BBC News. 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2007-05-15.