Anne-France Dautheville (born 1943 or 1944) is a French journalist and writer, noted for being the first woman to motorcycle solo around the world.
In 1972, Dautheville participated in the Orion-Raid motorcycle tour, riding solo on a Moto Guzzi 750 from France to Isfahan, Iran, and continuing on to Afghanistan. In 1973, she became the first woman to motorcycle solo around the world, covering 12,500 miles over three continents riding a Kawasaki 125. During this time, she was a freelance journalist, and she supported herself by writing about her travels. She continued her world travels until 1981.
Dautheville's books Une Demoiselle sur une Moto (Girl on a Motorcycle), published in 1973, and Et J'ai Suivi le Vent (And I Followed the Wind), published in 1975, document her travels.
French fashion house Chloé used Dautheville as the inspiration for its fall 2016 fashion show. Designer Clare Waight Keller said that she wanted to evoke Dautheville's "amazing sense of adventure, daring and courage but also the curiosity of travelling." Waight Keller explained: "She had a boyish cool attitude but she also took these amazing dresses with her which she threw her sweaters and biker jackets over. I wanted to bring that lived in quality to the collection."
- Une demoiselle sur une moto. Flammarion. 1973.
- Et j'ai suivi le vent. Flammarion. 1975.
- L'histoire de Jeff Walcott. Belfond. 1978.
- La piste de l'or. Plon. 1982.
- Le voleur d'images. Plon. 1983.
- La ville sur l'eau. Plon. 1985.
- Les anges de sainte Catherine. Stock. 1987.
- Les variations Maraldi. Julliard. 1989.
- L'Africaine. Olivier Orban. 1990.
- Les chevaux du ciel. Le Rocher. 1992.
- Julie chevalier de Maupin. Lattès. 1995.
- Les très riches heures de Meslois sur le Sansonnet. Olympio. 2000.
- Le grand dictionnaire de mon petit jardin. Minerva. 2004.
- Dautheville, Anne-France; Gay, Pierre (2005). Les zoos pour quoi faire?. Delachaux et Niestlé.
- L'intelligence du jardinier. Arthaud. 2009.
- Le grand dictionnaire de mon petit jardin 2013. Belin.
- Les miscellanées des plantes. Buchet Chastel. 2016.
- Dautheville, Anne-France (2016). Impressions d'Avicenne. Kindle Direct Publishing.
- "Chloé's Muse, Anne-France Dautheville". T: The New York Times Style Magazine.
- Leonardi, Anne (June 11, 2014). "Anne-France Dautheville et Ses Papoteries Potagères" [Anne-France Dautheville and Her 'Talking Plants']. Culture. Charente Libre (in French). Archived from the original on August 20, 2016.
- Fury, Alexander (August 15, 2016). "In the '70s, She Motorcycled Around the World. Today, She's Fashion's Unlikely New Muse". T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Archived from the original on August 20, 2016. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- "History of Overlanding: 1970s". Overland. Archived from the original on August 20, 2016. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Cartner-Morley, Jess (March 3, 2016). "Chloé Shows Us a Post-Girly World: A Show Inspired by Anne-France Dautheville, the First Woman to Motorcycle Solo Around the Globe, Gave Paris Fashion Week Its First Out-of-the-Box Hit". Paris fashion week. The Guardian. Archived from the original on August 20, 2016. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- Moss, Victoria (March 3, 2016). "The Chloé Girl Gets on Her Motorbike for AW16". Paris Fashion Week. The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on August 20, 2016. Retrieved August 20, 2016.