Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up annealing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Annealing may refer to:
- Annealing (metallurgy), a heat treatment that alters the microstructure of a material causing changes in properties such as strength, hardness, and ductility
- Annealing (glass), heating a piece of glass to remove stress
- Annealing (biology), in genetics, means for complementary sequences of single-stranded DNA or RNA to pair by hydrogen bonds to form a double-stranded polynucleotide
- Simulated annealing, a numerical optimization technique for searching for a solution in a space otherwise too large for ordinary search methods to yield results
- Quantum annealing, a method for finding solutions to combinatorial optimisation problems and ground states of glassy systems using quantum fluctuations
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Annealing.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.