From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up annealing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Annealing may refer to:
- Annealing (metallurgy), a heat treatment that alters the microstructure of a material causing changes in properties such as strength, hardness, and ductility
- Annealing (glass), heating a piece of glass to remove stress
- Annealing (biology), in genetics, means for complementary sequences of single-stranded DNA or RNA to pair by hydrogen bonds to form a double-stranded polynucleotide
- Simulated annealing, a numerical optimization technique for searching for a solution in a space otherwise too large for ordinary search methods to yield results
- Quantum annealing, a method for finding solutions to combinatorial optimisation problems and ground states of glassy systems using quantum fluctuations
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Annealing.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.