Annelien de Dijn
After gaining her PhD from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven) in 2005, Annelien De Dijn worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Columbia University, University of California, Berkeley and the Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study. From 2011 to 2017 she was assistant professor at the University of Amsterdam. In January 2018 she became Professor of Modern Political History at Utrecht University.
- (ed. with Raf Geenens) Reading Tocqueville: from oracle to actor. Basingstoke; New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
- French political thought from Montesquieu to Tocqueville: liberty in a levelled society? Cambridge; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Freedom: An Unruly History. Harvard University Press, 2020. ISBN 9780674988330
- "Annelien de Dijn appointed professor Modern Political History". Utchrecht University. 9 March 2018.
- KU Leuven; Faculty of Arts (12 May 2005). "Doctoraatsverdediging [Doctoral defences]: Annelien De Dijn". www.kuleuven.be. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
Aristocratic liberalism in nineteenth-century France, 1814-1870
- "Annelien de Dijn's Freedom: An Unruly History". Annelien de Dijn's website. 2020.
- "Annelien de Dijn wins 2021 PROSE Award for Philosophy". 1 February 2021.