Roque in 2012
|Born||December 1966 (age 52)|
(m. 1998; div. 2019)
As a model in the 1980s and 1990s, Roque was known professionally as "Jade Roque". She appeared widely in European cosmetics ads, and in the J. Crew and Victoria's Secret catalogs in the United States. Roque was a Revlon "spokesmodel".
Roque was married to American television journalist Matt Lauer, whom she met on a blind date in July 1997. Lauer proposed to Roque after five months of dating and the two wed in Water Mill, New York, on October 3, 1998. They have three children together, Jack (b. 2001), Romy (b. 2004), and Thijs (b. 2006).
In September 2006, while pregnant with Thijs, Roque filed for divorce, citing cruel and inhumane treatment from Lauer; she and Lauer later reconciled. However, in 2018, she filed for divorce a second time following a series of sexual assault allegations against Lauer by multiple victims.
- Petit, Stephanie (November 30, 2017). "Who is Annette Roque?". People. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Watson, Dawn (August 26, 2013). "Looking At Matt And Annette Lauer's Bright Side". The Southampton Press. Southampton, New York: Press Newspaper Group. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Cook, Cindi (July 1, 2015). "Field of Dreams". Hamptons Cottages & Gardens. New York: Cottages & Gardens Publications.
- Cook, Cindi (July 1, 2015). "Passionate for Both Horses and the Hamptons, Annette and Matt Lauer Bring Bright Side Farm to Life". Hamptons Cottages & Gardens. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Gliatto, Tom (October 19, 1998). "Matt Lauer Annette Roque Wedding". People. Retrieved November 29, 2017.
- Dangremond, Sam (December 21, 2017). "8 Things to Know About Matt Lauer's Wife, Annette Roque". Town & Country. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- "'Today' Shocker: Matt Lauer's Wife Accuses Him Of 'Cruel & Inhumane' Treatment In Divorce Papers Kept Secret — Until Now!". Radar Online. October 14, 2014. Retrieved November 29, 2017.
- Telling, Gillian (May 16, 2018). "Matt Lauer Is Heading for a $100 Million Divorce: What's at Stake?". People.
- "Matt Lauer and Annette Roque Divorce: She Wants a 'One-Time Cash Payout'". U.S. Magazine. May 16, 2018.