Anthony Brown (musician)
Anthony Brown is an American jazz percussionist, drummer, composer, and bandleader, and ethnomusicologist. He is the son of a Choctaw and African-American father and a Japanese mother. Long associated with the Asian-American jazz movement, he specializes in the juxtaposition of American and Asian instruments and styles in his compositions and arrangements. Brown leads a cross-cultural ensemble, the Asian American Orchestra, whose interpretation of Duke Ellington's Far East Suite was nominated for a 2000 Grammy Award. He has also performed with Jon Jang and Mark Izu.
- Family (Asian Improv, 1997)
- Big Bands Behind Barbed Wire (Asian Improv, 1998)
- Far East Suite (Asian Improv, 1999)
- Monk's Moods (Water Baby Records, 2002)
- Rhapsodies (Water Baby Records, 2005)
- Ten (Water Baby Records, 2008)
- India and Africa (Water Baby Records, 2010)
- "Chancellor's Distinguished Fellows: Asian American Orchestra". UC Irvine Libraries. 2002. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Slawecki, Chris M. (February 2000). "What's It All About, Grammy?". All About Jazz. All About Jazz. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
|This article on an American jazz drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|