Anthony Farrer, 5th Baron Farrer
Anthony Thomas Farrer, 5th Baron Farrer (22 April 1910 - 16 December 1964) was the fifth and last Baron Farrer.
Born in 1910, he was the son of the civil servant The Hon. Noel Maitland Farrer, the third son of Thomas Farrer, 1st Baron Farrer. His mother was Mabel Elizabeth (née Elliot), daughter of Ralph Elliot and widow of Sir Alexander Mackenzie KCSI.
He succeeded his cousin, Oliver Farrer, 4th Baron Farrer as Baron Farrer and Baronet on the Fourth Baron's death in 1954. At the time he inherited the titles, Farrer, a former civil servant, was unemployed. Upon his death in 1964, the Barony and the Baronetcy became extinct.
Styles of address
- 1910–1954: Mr Anthony Farrer
- 1954–1964: The Right Honourable The Lord Farrer[a]
- Although The Lord Farrer was a baronet, by custom the post-nominal of "Bt" is omitted, as Peers of the Realm do not list subsidiary hereditary titles.
- "Title Fails To Impress Tommy". Spokane Daily Chronicle. 27 January 1954. p. 9. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- A & C Black (1920–2008). "FARRER". Who Was Who. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Anthony Farrer, 5th Baron Farrer
- http://www.leighrayment.com/lords.htm[permanent dead link]
- http://www.stirnet.com/ (subscription only)
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|This biography of a baron in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|