|Born||1957 (age 61–62)|
Creative director of TIGI
|Known for||3-tme winner of "British Hairdresser of the Year"|
|Parent(s)||Francesco and Maria Mascolo|
|Relatives||Toni Mascolo (brother)|
In 2016, Mascolo and his wife Pat launched an online magazine dedicated to hair, Infringe.com.
Mascolo was born in London, the son of Italian immigrants, Francesco and Maria Mascolo, the youngest of five brothers, four of whom were to become hairdressers. By the time he left school he was a competent and fully qualified hairdresser. His first job was in the family's Toni & Guy salon in South London, where his father and brother Bruno also worked. Anthony specialised in hairdressing for photographic shoots, and became a photographer himself.
Over the years Anthony's work has won him many accolades. At 18 he won his first award for: "Most promising hairdresser".
|1988||British Hairdresser of the Year||British Hairdressing Awards|
|1990||British Hairdresser of the Year||British Hairdressing Awards|
|1990||Avant-Garde Hairdresser of the Year|
|1990||London Hairdresser of the Year|
|1990s||British Fellowship Hairdresser of the Year|
|1990s||Image of the Year|
|1990s||Lifetime Achievement Award|
|1995||British Hairdresser of the Year||British Hairdressing Awards|
In 2002 when TIGI demerged from its parent company Toni & Guy, Anthony became international creative director . With his wife Pat he opened Bed Head Photographic Studios, in Battersea, London, and founded the TIGI international creative team, and was joined by Nick Irwin and Akos Bodi, as European creative director and European education director respectively. Within three years they opened the TIGI Creative Academy in London.
- "Tigi, Hair & Beauty Industry - Business Profiles". www.ukhairdressers.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "Hairdressing Icons: Anthony Mascolo - HJI". HJI. 2012-01-04. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "TIGI History". www.tigi.tw. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "The launch of Infringe – An Interview with Anthony and Pat Mascolo". Estetica Magazine. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- How, Hair's. "Anthony Mascolo The Ultimate Family Man". HotOnBeauty.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.