Lasciac was born to Peter Laščak and Jožefa (née Trampuš) in the Gorizia suburb of San Rocco (Slovene: Podturn) in 1856. He was the first of ten children. Three of his siblings died in childhood.
He immigrated to Gorizia and opened a business with Mihael Trampuš, another Slovene. He fell in love with Trampuš's daughter and took over his crafts workshop after the marriage. Her official Italian name is written as Gioseffa. Her father Mihael was born in Gorizia, to farmers from the surrounding Karst Plateau. Lasciac's wife Marija Alojzija Plesničar was Slovene and bore three children with unusual and fully Italian names: Plautilla Angelina Francesca, Fabbrizio Antonio Giuseppe and Romeo Italico Alessandro.
Lasciac designed buildings in Gorizia and many Eastern capitals and cities, especially Egypt. The Khedive Palace in Istanbul and the Tahra Palace in Cairo (1907) are among his most notable works.
- "FROM GORIZIA TO THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE – ARCHITECT ANTONIO LASCIAC". Italy. Archived from the original on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2010.
- Kuzmin di, Diego (2015). "FROM MIDDLE EUROPE TO EGYPT ANTONIO LASCIAC ARCHITECT (1856-1946)" (PDF). New Ideas of New Century. 1.
- "življenjepiskraljevegaarhitekta – tinomamic". Sites.google.com. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "vilarafut – tinomamic". Sites.google.com. 3 October 2006. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- Mohamed Fouad Awad: Italy in Alexandria: influences on the built environment. Alexandria Preservation Trust, Alexandria 2008.
- Mercédes Volait: La communauté italienne et ses édiles (in French)
- Mohamed Ali Mohamed Khalil: The Italian Architecture in Alexandria Egypt (Thesis submitted to University Kore of Enna to obtain Second level master's degree in architecture restoration A.A. 2008–2009)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Antonio Lasciac.|
- (in Slovene) Anton Laščak: An Architectural Star in Egypt, Barely Known in Slovenia. RTV Slovenija (December 2016). News article with short TV coverage.
|This article about an Italian architect or firm of architects is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an Italian poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Italian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|