|Residence||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Alma mater||University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering|
|Institutions||Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)|
Anuradha T.K. is an Indian scientist and project director of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), specialized communication satellites. She has worked on the launches of the satellites GSAT-12 and GSAT-10. She is the senior most female scientist at ISRO, having joined the space agency in 1982, and also the first woman to become a satellite project director at ISRO.
Anuradha TK was born in Bangalore, Mysore State (now Karnataka) in 1961. She graduated with a bachelor's degree in electronics from the University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering in Bangalore. Unlike many of her classmates, she chose to stay in India to pursue her career.
Anuradha TK works as an Indian Geosat Programme Director at ISRO Satellite Centre. She works in the area of geo-synchronous satellites, which are crucial to telecom and data links. She has been a leading figure in several Indian space programs.
Anuradha's role was instrumental in developing and launching the ISRO communication satellite GSAT-12 satellite into space from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre on 15 July 2011. She supervised and headed the technical group of 20 engineers. As a part of an all-women research team, together with Pramoda Hedge and Anuradha Prakash, she manoeuvered the GSAT-12 into its final orbit from ISRO's Master Control Facility (MCF) in Hassan.
As the project director, she also oversaw the launch of the GSAT-9, GSAT-17 and GSAT-18 communication satellites. She has also served as Project Manager, Deputy Project Director and Associate Project Director for the Indian Remote Sensing and the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System programs. Her specialty is satellite checkout systems which observe a satellite's performance once it is in space.
- 2003 Space Gold Medal award by Astronautical Society of India for the services in the field of Space sciences
- 2011 Suman Sharma Award by National Design and Research Forum (NDRF) of IEI
- 2012 ASI- ISRO Merit Award for Realisation of Indigenous Communication spacecraft
- 2012 ISRO Team Award 2012 for being team leader for the realisation of GSAT-12
- "The women scientists who took India into space". BBC News. 12 December 2016. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Meet ISRO's 'Space Girls'". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- email@example.com, Bihar Reporter :. "Meet the lady behind success of RISAT I". The Biharprabha News. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- ISS. "Reaching out to the skies". indianspacestation.com. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "T K ANURADHA". 21 February 2014. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "India's rocket women". Deccan Herald. 26 February 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Smt T K Anuradha – IEEE WIE Global Summit 2016". wiesummit.ieeer10.org. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Hands that rock the space missions at ISRO". The Week. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "ISRO successfully launches latest communication satellite GSAT-12". The Economic Times. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- Martin, Max (23 July 2011). "ISRO banks on womanpower for GSAT-12". India Today. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Only the sky is the limit". www.mea.gov.in. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Woman's hand in India's latest satellite". Sify. Retrieved 4 April 2017.