AnyDoc Software, founded in 1989 as Microsystems Technology, Inc., is a company based in Tampa, Florida that develops, sells, installs, and supports enterprise content management (ECM) software which captures data from scanned documents or images into machine-readable text (and images) for back-office applications and content/document management systems. The company’s flagship product, OCR for Forms (which was later renamed OCR for AnyDoc) debuted in 1991 after two years of product research and development.
AnyDoc develops technologies to process structured, semi-structured, and unstructured (free-form) documents, as well as classification, and workflow. Structured documents, where data appears in the same location on each form (such as a credit application or order form), use template-based technology. A template in essence, is a map telling the software where the data is located on the document and how to process that data. While template-based data capture is still widely used to eliminate the manual data entry previously required to process structured documents, it is not a feasible solution to efficiently process semi-structured documents, such as invoices, remittances, and checks. AnyDoc developed AnyApp technology to capture the data for these more complex documents and to memorize the data locations for subsequent encounters with the same document types for expedited processing.
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1989: Company founded
- 1991: Flagship product, OCR for Forms (now known as OCR for AnyDoc) introduced.
- 1999: European headquarters opened in Zug, Switzerland.
- 2001: Semi-structured forms processing technology AnyApp introduced.
- 2003: Company name changed to AnyDoc Software and rebranding of products.
- 2007: Introduction of capture workflow product, Infiniworx to auto-classify documents in a company’s workflow.
- 2007: Opened UK satellite office in Hampshire, United Kingdom.
- 2008: Opened German office in Wiesbaden, Germany.
- 2013: Acquired by Hyland Software, Inc.
- Document Imaging Talk, A/R Meets Document Capture 
- Eliminate Invoice Paper Pains, Integrated Solutions magazine [permanent dead link]
- In Tough Economic Times, Consider Automated Data Capture, Integrated Solutions magazine [permanent dead link]
- ECM Connection Announces Winners Of The 2009 ACE Awards 
- Hyland Software Acquires AnyDoc