|Origin||New York City|
Apache Stone formed when Mike Lombardi and Hank Woods began playing together. Lombardi sang and wrote songs, with Woods playing guitar. Woods recruited three additional members to band - first the drummer Mark Greenberg, followed by David Leatherwood on bass and then Nick Bacon on guitar. In late 2009, drummer Mark Greenberg was replaced by Scott Garapolo, and bassist David Leatherwood was replaced by James Cruz. In 2009 they released their first full-length album, which was preceded by a four-track sample CD. Apache Stone was written into three Season 5 episodes (episodes 10, 17, 21) of the TV series Rescue Me, on which Lombardi plays firefighter Mike Silletti, with a sub-plot about the band's formation being included in the 2009 season. Ironically, a music agent in the TV series wants to sign the band, but only if they drop Lombardi's character in favor of another vocalist.
- Manning, Doreen (December 30, 2008). "Rescue Me actor brings band to Ralph's". Worcester Magazine. Retrieved September 21, 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- Pond, Dave; Mike Sembos (July 30, 2009). "Local CDs: 07/30/09 - Kayzure Sakar and Apache Stone reviewed". New Haven Advocate. Retrieved October 9, 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bogy, Jillian D. (Jul 10, 2009). "ALBUM REVIEW - Apache Stone". Stuttgart Daily Leader. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved October 9, 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Sheehan, Nancy (January 9, 2009). "Burning up the stage". Worcester Telegram & Gazette. Retrieved October 9, 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Chaiken, Mike (July 24, 2009). "'Rescue Me' actor brings band Apache Stone to Hartford Archived July 8, 2011, at the Wayback Machine", Bristol Observer, p. 18. Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- MacIntyre, April (May 1, 2009). "FX 'Rescue Me' star Michael Lombardi rocks it in Apache Stone- tour announced". Monsters and Critics. Retrieved October 9, 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)