Apollo High School (Kentucky)
|Apollo High School|
|2280 Tamarack Road
Owensboro, KY 42301
|School district||Daviess County Public Schools|
|Number of students||1338|
|Color(s)||Blue, white, and red
Apollo High School is a high school that is part of the Daviess County Public Schools district, located in Owensboro, Kentucky, United States. It was named after the Apollo Space Program, and opened in 1969 as a junior high school. It then converted into a high school in 1972 and held its first graduation in 1974. The school paper is named The Challenger, after the Space Shuttle Challenger. This school also has a marching band program called the Apollo Marching Eagles.
Apollo has been involved in a 1-1 laptop project since August 2005, providing a laptop to every incoming freshman for their use during the school year.
- Rex Chapman, former NBA player
- Marc Salyers, professional basketball player, Europe
- Michael Waltrip, former NASCAR driver
- Brad Wilkerson, former Major League Baseball player
- "Frequently Asked Questions 2011-2012" (PDF). www.daviesskyschools.org. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
|This Kentucky school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|