Type of site
Initially, Sumo focused only on digital tools, such as apps. Today, the majority of deals offered are learning based products attempting to teach customers skills such as programming languages, project management, and hiring practices.
AppSumo deals exclusively with digitally distributed goods. The deals include application software (apps), ebooks, learning courses, and other packages. Many of the site's deals are aimed towards productivity products and website tools, such as copywriting courses, email marketing, or project management apps. In 2015, AppSumo started a sister company called Sumo that sells marketing tools to help eCommerce businesses grow. AppSumo takes a percentage of sales from every deal, typically 50% of sales.
- Kincaid, Jason (July 21, 2010). "AppSumo Offers Web Software On The Cheap, Targets Latest Deal At Entrepreneurs". TechCrunch.
- Duffy, Jill (February 16, 2012). "AppSumo". PCMagazine.
- "Make project management more manageable". AppSumo.
- "Learn Chief Sumo's Proven Automated Hiring Formula". AppSumo.
- Inc., Sumo Group,. "Sumo - The Best Website Traffic Tools". sumo.com. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- Roeder, Laura (August 4, 2011). "How To Decide If Group Coupon Sites Are Right For Your Small Business: My Experience With AppSumo". lkr.