Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs attention from an expert in Computing.June 2009)(
- The application splits the data into useful segments.
- These segments are called ADUs (application data units).
- The ADUs can be processed in any order.
- The lower layers keep the ADU borders.
The real-time protocol (RTP) is an example of where the semantics of the real-time application are used to segment the data.
- Clark, D. D. and Tennenhouse, D. L. (1990). Architectural considerations for a new generation of protocols. In: ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review archive Volume 20, Issue 4 (September 1990), Pages 200 - 208, ISSN 0146-4833.
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|