|Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish|
|Mamadou Dia Senegal|
|Website||AquaFed official website|
AquaFed, the International Federation of Private Water Operators, is an international advocacy group that aims at connecting international organisations with private water and wastewater service providers.
Created in 2005, AquaFed is the International Federation of Private Water Operators. Based in Paris and with a liaison office in Brussels, AquaFed represents more than 400 private operator providing water and sanitation services in more than 40 countries around the world.
AquaFed´s mission is to
- contribute to creating a better world by sharing private operators´ expertise with international organisations, public authorities and with the civil society
- be the channel between private water and wastewater service providers and international stakeholders
- promote the option of private sector participation in water and wastewater management as a solution that public authorities can choose
AquaFed’s main action aims atconnecting private water operators with all stakeholders engaged at the international level on water services and challenges:
- International organisations
- Public authorities
- Civil society (researchers, academics, experts, NGOs, journalists, etc.)
- Advocating for the benefits of public-private partnerships as an option in managing water and sanitation services for public authorities and consumers, depending on the local context.
- Improving the water industry and solving issues: AquaFed is sharing the expertise of the private operators and is working with the international community to identify solutions to address world’s water issues[JM1]
- Providing information and counsel: AquaFed aims at being a reliable source of information on private operators’ contributions for all stakeholders interested in water and sanitation services
As of April 2016 the Federation represents more than 400 companies in 40 countries worldwide.
Aquafed Members include:
- ABCon - Brazilian National Association of Water and Wastewater Provider 
- AFEB - Association Fédérative des gestionnaires privés de réseaux d'Eau du Bénin
- ANDESS Asociación Nacional de Empresas de Servicios Sanitarios - Chile
- APROVAK Asociace provozovatelu vodovodu a kanalizací CR 
- APWO - Uganda Association of Private Water Operators 
- FP2E (Fédération Professionnelle des Entreprises de l’Eau), France
- NAWC - National Association of Water Companies United States 
- Agbar - Sociedad General de Aguas de Barcelona
- Odebrecht Ambiental
- PT PAM Lyonnaise Jaya (PALYJA)
- SENEGALAISE DES EAUX
- Macao Water Company
- Vergnet Hydro
- World Water Council
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Business Action for Water
- World Economic Forum (which launched a Water Initiative in 2005)
- International Private Water Association (IPWA)
- "WIN – Water Integrity Network". WIN - Water Integrity Network.
- CetSI. "Aquafed The international Federation of Private Water Operators : Global Network". Archived from the original on 2016-04-30.
- "Aquafed promotes integrity in water sector". WaterWorld. 2008-07-01. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Aquafed Members".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-06-18. Retrieved 2017-06-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)