Aqua (record producer)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Nicholas McCarrell|
|Also known as||Aqua|
|Born||April 6, 1982|
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
|Associated acts||Jay-Z, Kanye West, Beanie Sigel|
Nicholas McCarrell (born April 6, 1982), professionally known as Aqua, is an American record producer and composer of film and television scores. As a record producer, he has most notably worked with Roc-a-fella Records artists Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Beanie Sigel. His scoring credits include Entourage and George Lopez.
- 1 Early career
- 2 Television credits
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Aqua began his music career as an intern at MTV News until August 2001. He began distributing copies of his demo in January 2002 after moving back to Los Angeles, generating a buzz within the Roc-A-Fella camp. This buzz began Aqua's relationship with Jay-Z, producing "My 1st Song" off of Jay's Black Album.
Nicholas became the sole composer of George Lopez in 2002. He scored every episode from 2002-2007 that aired on ABC, entering syndication one month after the series finale. On March 8, 2007, it was announced that George Lopez would join the Nick at Nite lineup. To this date, it continues to be their highest rated series and one of cable's best for an off-network sitcom. The show currently airs in broadcast syndication on The CW Plus and on Telelatino in Canada.
In 2007, Aqua began working as a weekly composer for the HBO series Entourage. His hard rock driven work on Entourage is characteristic of his punk/rock background. Entourage began its syndication life Tuesday, January 12, 2010 on Spike TV.
How to Make It in America
- 14. "My 1st Song"
- Sample Credit: Los Angeles Negros - "Tu y Tu Mirar...Yo y Mi Canción"
- 02. "I Can't Go On This Way"
- Sample Credit: Gloria Scott - Love Me, Love Me Or Leave Me, Leave Me
Wale - "100 Miles & Running"
- 20. "Rediscover Me"
- Sample Credit: The Main Ingredient - Rediscover Me
- 13. "Lost Girls"
- "California Breeze"
- "Sail On"
- "Aqua, Jay-Z's secret weapon". MTV. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Entourage Episode 49". HBO. Archived from the original on 1 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Entourage Episode 48". HBO. Archived from the original on 1 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Entourage Episode 56". HBO. Archived from the original on 1 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Entourage Episode 62". HBO. Archived from the original on 1 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "HTMIIA Episode 4". HBO. Archived from the original on 23 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- "HTMIIA Episode 7". HBO. Archived from the original on 27 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- While this song was recorded in 2010, it was released in 2016 on YTCracker's SoundCloud page. It was also intended to be on Entourage, one of Aqua's scoring credits.