The surname Aquino comes from one of the historic noble houses in Italy. Although Jure Francorum lived, as Benedetto Croce attests, the family was, however, of longobard blood, as it came from Rodoaldo, who had been Aquino's gastropod in the time of the dukes of Benevento. The Aquinos were counted among the seven great houses of the Kingdom of Naples. Among its most prominent members, the family includes the famous saint Thomas of Aquino.
It has also been adopted elsewhere, particularly by Spaniards in Latin America and on the Philippines, to baptize local indigenous people in honor of the great theologian St. Thomas of Aquino.
Persons with the surname Aquino
- Thomas of Aquino, Italian theologian and philosopher
- Aquino de Bragança, Goan physicist
- Amy Aquino, American actress
- Benigno Aquino Jr., Filipino senator, several members of a prominent family in Philippine politics
- Benigno Aquino III, 15th president of the Philippines and 5th president of Philippines' 5th republic
- Corazon Aquino (1933 – 2009), politician and 11th President of the Philippines
- Daniel Aquino, retired Argentine footballer
- Francesco Ferdinando d'Ávalos Aquino, Governor of the Duchy of Milan, Italy
- Giuseppe Aquino (footballer born 1979), German-born Italian
- Giuseppe Aquino (footballer born 1983), Italian
- Greg Aquino, major league baseball pitcher
- Javier Aquino, Mexican footballer
- JR Aquino, American singer, YouTube personality and participant in season 3 of U.S. The Voice
- Luis Aquino, baseball player from Puerto Rico
- Salvatore Aquino, Italian criminal
- Sonia Aquino, Italian actress
- Ubaldo Aquino, football referee from Paraguay
|surname Aquino. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|
- "Famiglia Aquino". www.nobili-napoletani.it. Retrieved 2018-06-24.