The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Phil Beauvoir, Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie|
Archi 4.1.0 / November 21, 2017
|Type||Enterprise architecture modeling|
Archi was initially funded between 2010 and 2012 by Jisc as part of a national project aimed at supporting a programme of Enterprise Architecture in the UK higher education sector. The original project was hosted at the Institute for Educational Cybernetics, Bolton University, UK.
Since January 2013, Archi has been continued and maintained on a volunteer basis, by its creator, Phil Beauvoir and Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie.
Connection with ArchiMate and The Open Group
Archi supports the ArchiMate 3.0 modelling language, a technical standard from The Open Group. Archi provides an open source reference implementation of ArchiMate, and is currently being used as one of the tools to implement The Open Group ArchiMate Model Exchange File Format.
- ArchiMate 3.0.1 model support
- Open Source
- Expandable using plugins
Those plugins are available in github:
- Grafico (Git Friendly Archi File COllection) is a way to persist an Archimate model in a bunch of XML files that can be easilly tracked and merge using any control version system or source code management like Git.
- Database Plugin allows to store the Archimate models in a central repository (database).
- Form Plugin: add the ability to show and update elements and relationships properties in a form.
- Specialization plugin: allow to change the icon of elements and to replace the label of elements and relationships.
- Script plugin: automates some actions (load model, generate web site, ...).
- Service Now Import Plugin: Download CMDB information from Service Now web services and convert them to Archimate elements and relationships.
|This software-engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|