Jump to navigation Jump to search
An Aromatic hydrocarbon or Arene is a hydrocarbon with alternating double and single bonds between carbon atoms forming rings.
Arene may also refer to:
- an aromatic hydrocarbon
- Arene (gastropod), a genus of marine snails in the family Areneidae
- Arene (mythology), the wife of Aphareus and mother of Idas and Lynceus in Greek mythology
- Arene, Elis, an ancient town in Elis, Greece, also known as Makistos, Samia or Samiko
- a French surname, Arène, derived from the Latin (h)arena, meaning sand
People with the surname
- Paul Arène (1843–1896), Provençal poet and French writer
- Jean Arènes (1898–1960), French botanist who described many new species of the genus Dombeya
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Arene.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.