Argo (2006 film)
|Directed by||Jordan Bayne
|Produced by||Laura Knight
|Written by||Jordan Bayne
|Edited by||Michael Knowles|
Blue Eyed Cherokee Films
Argo is a 2006 short romance drama film that marks Jordan Bayne's short film writing and directorial debut. Co-written and co-directed by Bayne and Michael Knowles, the film was shot on location in Joshua Tree, California, in 2005.
According to production company's official synopsis, Argo tells the story of two individuals living outside society in the American desert. It explores the struggles of being human in a world seemed bent on crushing the human spirit. Becca (played by Jordana Spiro) is a dispossessed soul whose chance encounter with Cal (played by Marcus Chait) becomes a collision course that changes their lives. The film shows that loneliness and desperation can create an unconscious longing for human connection and that hope can be found in the most unexpected places.
Argo has received recognition while on the festival circuit, screening in 2006 at the Napa Sonoma Wine Country Film Festival, Tacoma Film Festival, the Independent Film Festival of North Texas, and in 2007 at the Sunscreen Film festival, Westchester Film Festival, FilmFest ReLoaded, Pumelo Independent Film Festival, Miami Underground Film Festival, Delray Beach Film Festival, Sedona Film Festival, NewFilmMakers Winter Series, Soho House Screening Series, and the DeREEL Independent Film Festival.
- 2006 Independent Film Festival of North Texas
- Won Best Director (Jordan Bayne)
- Won Best Short Film
- Nominated Best Screenplay
- 2006 Tacoma Film Festival
- Won Best Short In Town
- 2006 Pumelo Film Festival
- Nominated Best Short Film
- "Pumelo International Film Festival 2008 - Synopsis of Short Films: Argo". Pumelo International Film Festival. Archived from the original on April 19, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2009.
- "Argo (2006)". Independent Film Channel. Archived from the original on October 29, 2007. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "Argo". Delray Beach Film Festival. Archived from the original on July 8, 2011. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "Argo". Withoutabox. Archived from the original on August 29, 2008. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- McElligott, Dawn (December 2005). "7A Productions: Letting It Be". Delaware & Hudson Canvas. Delaware & Hudson Canvas, Inc. 2 (5): 7. Archived from the original on July 9, 2011. Retrieved May 23, 2009.
- "Sunscreen Film Festival 2007" (PDF). Sunscreen Film Festival. p. 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 5, 2009. Retrieved May 23, 2009.
- "NewFilmMakers" (PDF). Anthology Film Archives (January - March 2007 Film Program): 30. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-15.
- "DeREEL Independent Film Festival 2007". DeREEL Independent Film Festival. Retrieved 2009-05-23.