Argumentation and Advocacy
|'Journal of the American Forensic Association'|
|Edited by||Harry Weger|
Argumentation and Advocacy is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal published by the American Forensic Association, edited by Harry Weger of the University of Central Florida. The journal was previously edited by Catherine H. Palczewski and John Fritch.
Aims and scope
The journal's focus is on moving the study of argumentation forward, including articles which are theoretical and critical in the broad subject areas of argumentation theory, public argument, critical and cultural perspectives, and forensics and pedagogy. The journal includes reviews of pertinent books. It includes the arts and sciences of civil debate, dialogue, conversation, and persuasion. It covers studies of rules of inference, logic, and procedural rules in both artificial and real world settings. This includes debate and negotiation, which are concerned with reaching mutually acceptable conclusions.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- ProQuest International Academic Research Library, Humanities
- Infonautics Information Services
- Communication and Mass Media Complete, EBSCO Information Services
- UnCover Information Services
- The Minnesota State University-Mankato Online Index of Forensic Research