|Also known as||Arlissa|
|Associated acts||Friction, Nas, Netsky, Wilkinson, Jonas Blue|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arlissa is of half German and half American descent. Her debut track "Hard to Love Somebody" gained attention from publisher Capitol Records and Roc Nation, who eventually passed it on to Nas, who had previously worked with Amy Winehouse. After hearing the track, Nas approached Arlissa to feature on it. "Hard to Love Somebody" was chosen as Scott Mills' record of the week on BBC Radio 1 in November 2012. Arlissa was named as one of the BBC’s one to watch for 2013, when she made the longlist for the Sound of 2013.
Her first official single "Sticks & Stones" was released on 3 March 2013, and was described as a 'stomping break-up anthem' and 'a fierce pop song'. The song peaked at number 48 in the UK Singles Chart. In 2017, Nelly Furtado covered "Sticks and Stones" for her sixth studio album The Ride.
Arlissa co-wrote K-pop group BTS's "Spring Day". The single was a success, topping the Gaon Digital Chart, and has since surpassed 2,500,000+ downloads. The song also won 'Song of the Year' at the 2017 Melon Music Awards.
In January 2018, she collaborated with British DJ/producer Jonas Blue on the song "Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie". She was picked in March 2018 as Elvis Duran's Artist of the Month. She was featured on NBC's Today show hosted by Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford, broadcast nationally in the United States on 21 March 2018 where Arlissa performed a live acoustic version of her single.
Arlissa co-wrote and performed the track "We Won't Move" for the 2018 film The Hate U Give, based upon The New York Times best selling novel by Angie Thomas. She performed the track at the film's International premier at the 2018 Toronto Film Festival.
As lead artist
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2012||"Hard to Love Somebody"
|2013||"Sticks & Stones"||48||89|
|"Into the Light"||—||—|
|2018||"Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie"
(with Jonas Blue)
|"We Won't Move"||—||—||The Hate U Give|
|"—" denotes single that did not chart or was not released.|
As featured artist
(Wilkinson featuring P Money and Arlissa)
|Lazers Not Included|
|"Long Gone Memory"
(Friction featuring Arlissa)
(Tough Love featuring Arlissa)
|Past Present Future|
|2013||"You & I"
(Crystal Fighters featuring Arlissa)
(Guè Pequeno featuring Arlissa)
(Schiller featuring Arlissa)
|"Not in Love"|
(Schiller featuring Arlissa)
|"Stay Up with Me"
(Netsky featuring Arlissa)
Writer/co-writer for other artists
|You Never Walk Alone|
M-22 featuring Medina
- "ACE Repertory". ASCAP. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Arlissa vs Nas - Hard to Love Somebody | General | News". 4Music. 11 August 2012. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "A big thank you to..." Facebook. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Sound of, 2013 - The Longlist". BBC. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Paul Lester. "New band of the day: Arlissa (No 1,376)". the Guardian.
- Lamont, Tom (9 February 2013). "Arlissa: 'I tried to do quirky but ended up pouring my heart out'". theguardian.com. The Guardian.
- Earls, John (4 March 2013). "Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Music Reviews :: Arlissa: Sticks And Stones - Single review". Daily Star. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Peak positions in the United Kingdom:
- Peak positions in Ireland:
- "Guè Pequeno, il 4 giugno esce il nuovo album 'Bravo ragazzo': la tracklist" (in Italian). Rockol.it. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2013.