From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Armenian battalions refer to military units formed by Armenian volunteer conscripts, mostly fighting against the Ottoman forces:
- 1912-13, Balkan Wars, an auxiliary battle group in Bulgarian Army. (Andranik Ozanian#Balkan Wars)
- 1914-17, World War I, Armenian volunteer units were employed in the Russian Imperial Army
- 1914-17, World War I, Armenian volunteer units were employed in the Egyptian Expeditionary Force of British Army.
- 1916-20, World War I, French Armenian Legion were employed in the French Army. The unit was active in Adana and Arara.
- 1940-45, World War II, Armenian Legion.