Arrange to Settle
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arrange to Settle is a comedy-drama film about an American-born Indian woman who has to decide between an arranged marriage and another love. The film was shot in 2011 in and around Washington D.C. and was completed in the end of 2012. The film is written and directed by Ishu Krishna. She received initial funding and marketing by using crowd funding platforms.
Arrange to Settle is about an Indian girl that decides to get an arranged marriage following a series of failed relationships. Even though her father gives her an option before the invitations go out, she commits to going through with it. After making this commitment, she meets, Justin and falls in love.
Press and promo
A big portion of the press for this film was received due to director Ishu Krishna’s usage of crowdfunding to pay for its production. Krishna spoke at a TIVA event about crowdfunding. There were two blogs and an article in the Indian Express that used Arrange to Settle as a case study for crowdfunding.
- Ellen McCarthy (15 July 2011). "Spirit of Bollywood blossoms in D.C. area". Washington Post. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Nandini Nair (24 April 2011). "Show Me the Money". The India Express. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Sneha Goud (20 July 2011). "Interview: Ishu Krishna". Brown Girl Magazine. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- "Fundraising Through CrowdSourcing & CrowdFunding". Docs and TV. 21 April 2011.
- "Interview with Ishu Krishna, Side A". Naan Sense Radio. 18 April 2011.
- "Interview: Ishu Krishna". Bangla Radio.
- Official website
- Video on YouTube
- http://www.dcsocialite.com/arrange-to-settle-by-ishu-krishna[permanent dead link]
|This article about a 2010s comedy–drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|