Arroyo High School (El Monte, California)
|Arroyo High School|
4921 North Cedar Avenue|
El Monte, California
|School district||El Monte Union High School District|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue Black and White|
Arroyo High School, located in El Monte, California, United States, is a school in the El Monte Union High School District. The attendance area served by Arroyo High School consists of four different communities: El Monte, Temple City, Arcadia, and an unincorporated area of Los Angeles County. The attendance area of the 40-acre high school is approximately four square miles and is bounded on the north by Live Oak Avenue, on the west by El Monte Avenue and Arden Drive, and on the south by the railroad tracks at Ramona Boulevard. The eastern boundary is formed by going north on Peck Road from Ramona to Lambert Street and east on Lambert to the San Gabriel River.
Arroyo High School opened its doors in 1955 and its first graduating class was the class of 1958.
In 1987, Arroyo won the California State Division I Boys Cross-Country championship.
The school colors are Columbia Blue, Black, and White.
Available AP courses include:
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Environmental Science
- Physics C: Mechanics
- United States History
- United States Government and Politics
- World History
- English Language
- English Literature
- Chinese Language and Culture
- Spanish Language
- Spanish Literature
- Rob Bottin, special effects make-up artist, class of 1977
- Laura Molina, Chicana artist, actress and musician, class of 1976
- Steven Parent, aka "Stereo Steve", victim of the Charles Manson murders, class of 1969
- Kimberly Rhode double trap and skeet shooter, Olympic medalist winner and national champion, class of 1997
- Javier Vazquez (fighter), wrestler; retired mixed martial artist
- Jackie Warner, Former professional baseball player (California Angels)
- Bob Mackie, Fashion Designer
- "Arroyo High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
- "About Us". Arroyo High School. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Howard-Cooper, Scott (1987-11-29). "State Prep Cross- country Championships: Arroyo Boys Are Cut Above the Rest". LA Times. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Steven Parent". CieloDrive.com. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
|This Los Angeles County school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|