|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2012)|
Art Bowker, born 1961 in Ohio, is an author and cybercrime specialist in corrections (pretrial, probation, and parole). His first book, The Cybercrime Handbook for Community Corrections: Managing Risk in the 21st Century, describes the process of supervising cyber-offenders. Bowker cowrote his second book, Investigating Internet Crimes, 1st Edition: An Introduction to Solving Crimes in Cyberspace , with Todd G. Shipley. His second book provides step-by-step instructions for investigating Internet crimes, including locating, interpreting, understanding, collecting, and documenting online electronic evidence to benefit investigations.
Bowker has been interviewed by CrimCast and American Hero's Radio.  Bowker is a lifetime member of the High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA), having served as International President of the organization in 2008. He has written cybercrime articles that have appeared in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin,  Federal Probation, the American Probation and Parole Association's Perpsectives,  and numerous other publications. He also writes a regular blog called The Three C's: Computers, Crime, and Corrections.
On January 14, 2013, Bowker was awarded the APPA Sam Houston State University Award, for work in promoting awareness and knowledge of cybercrime and tools to combat such crimes in the field of community corrections.
On November 22, 2013, he was recognized by the Federal Probation and Pretrial Officers Association (FPPOA) with their top honor, the Richard F. Doyle Award, for having made the most significant achievement in, or contribution to, the Federal Probation & Pretrial Services System or the broader field of corrections. Additionally, Bowker received the Thomas E. Gahl, Line Officer of the Year Award (Great Lakes Region Award), which is named in honor of the only U.S. Probation Officer killed in the line of duty. Both awards centered on his contributions and efforts in managing cybercrime risk.
- Masters, Greg,"Severe Fine Imposed for Sharing 24 Music Files", SC Magazine, September 17, 2012, http://www.scmagazine.com/severe-fine-imposed-for-sharing-24-music-files/article/259390/
- Sweeney, Emily,"Probation 2.0: How Technology is Changing Probation Work", Boston Globe, November 28, 2012,http://www.boston.com/yourtown/2012/11/29/probation-how-technology-changing-probation-work-probation-officers-tap-social-media/Y5rpa12H1LOWQ7No6v211K/story.html
- Bowker, Art (2012). The Cybercrime Handbook for Community Corrections: Managing Risk in the 21st Century. Springfield: Thomas. ISBN 9780398087289.
- Shipley, Todd (2013). Investigating Internet Crimes, 1st Edition: An Introduction to Solving Crimes in Cyberspace. Waltham: Elsevier/Syngress. ISBN 9780124078178.
- The Advent of the Computer Delinquent, The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, Dec 2000, http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/2000-pdfs/dec00leb.pdf
- The Cybersex Offender and Children, (co-author, Michael Gray), The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, March 2005, http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/2005-pdfs/mar05leb.pdf
- Sexting: Risky Actions and Overreactions, (co-author, Michael Sullivan), The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, July 2010, http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/july-2010/sexting
- An Introduction to the Supervision of the Cybersex Offender, (co-author, Michael Gray) Federal Probation, December 2004,http://www.uscourts.gov/viewer.aspx?doc=/uscourts/FederalCourts/PPS/Fedprob/2004-12/index.html
- Computer Crime in the 21st Century and Its Effect on the Probation Officer (co-author, Gregory Thompson) , Federal Probation, September 2001,http://www.uscourts.gov/viewer.aspx?doc=/uscourts/FederalCourts/PPS/Fedprob/2001septfp.pdf
- Managing the Risks Posed by Offender Computer Use, Perspectives, December 2011,http://appaweb.csg.org/Perspectives/Perspectives_V35_N4_P40.pdf
- A Victim-Centered Approach to Supervising Internet Harassment Offenders, Perspectives, Special Victim Issue, http://www.appa-net.org/eweb/docs/appa/pubs/Perspectives_2012_Spotlight.pdf
- How to Impose Technological Restraints on Criminal Offenders, Law Technology News, July 31, 2012, http://www.law.com/jsp/lawtechnologynews/PubArticleLTN.jsp?id=1202564975181&How_to_Impose_Technological_Restraints_on_Criminal_Offenders&slreturn=20120702153615
- Can deploying monitoring software put you in jeopardy?,SC Magazine, February 22, 2011, http://www.scmagazine.com/can-deploying-monitoring-software-put-you-in-jeopardy/article/196789/
- The Three C's: Computers, Crime, and Corrections http://corrections.com/cybercrime
- APPA Awards Winter 2012, http://www.appa-net.org/eweb/docs/APPA/awards/APPA_Awards_Winners_2012.pdf
- Corrections.com Regular Contributor Nationally Recognized http://www.corrections.com/articles/34603