Art Institute of Dallas
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Nonprofit institution |
|Dean||Dr. Jan Parker, Ph.D, RID, FASID, IIDA, NCIDQ, IDEC|
|Address||8080 Park Lane, Suite 100
Dallas, Texas 75002-5993, Dallas, TX, USA
|Colors||Red, Black and White|
The Art Institute of Dallas in Dallas, Texas, United States, is a non-profit institution owned and operated by Dream Center Education Holdings (DCEH), LLC. The Art Institute of Dallas offers associate's degree and bachelor's degree programs for fashion design, fashion marketing management, interior design, graphic design, media arts & animation, advertising design, baking & pastry, photography, web design & interactive media, digital filmmaking & video production, audio production and culinary arts.
The Art Institute of Dallas was established in 1964 as the Dallas Fashion Merchandising College. It was later renamed in 1978 to the Fashion and Art Institute of Dallas. A year later, the Institute was approved to grant an Associate of Applied Arts Degree. In 1984, the Institute was acquired by the Education Management Corporation (EDMC) to join The Art Institutes, and now bears its current name The Art Institute of Dallas. EDMC expanded The Art Institutes by investing in facilities and equipment, adding personnel to faculty and student services, and establishing a national marketing presence. In 1988, The Art Institute of Dallas moved to its present facility in North Dallas.
On October 18, 2017 EDMC announced it completed the sale of 31 Art Institute Schools, including The Art Institute of Dallas, to the Dream Center Foundation.
- Certificate in Culinary Arts
- Certificate in Baking & Pastry
- Associate of Applied Science in Baking & Pastry
- Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts
- Associate of Applied Science in Restaurant & Catering Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Video Production
- Associate of Applied Arts in Fashion Design
- Associate of Applied Arts in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Advertising Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Filmmaking & Video Production
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Marketing & Management
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Game Art & Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic & Web Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Media Arts & Animation
- Bachelor of Science in Audio Production
- Bachelor of Science in Culinary Management
- Master of Arts in Design & Media Management
- "Dream Center Foundation Info - The Art Institutes". www.artinstitutes.edu.
- "EDMC completes sale of schools to Dream Center".
|This article about a university or college in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|