1955 (age 64–65)
Harvard Business School
|Title||Former CEO, Gap Inc.|
Arthur Peck (born 1955) is an American businessman, and was the CEO of Gap Inc., the American multinational clothing retailer from 2015 to 2019.
Peck joined Gap Inc in 2005 after former CEO, Paul Pressler, hired him on as vice president of strategy and operations. In the mid 2000s, Peck was instrumental in steering Gap Inc’s strategy, locally and internationally. He pitched the idea of franchising the retailer's foreign locations allowing local third parties to operate many of the businesses operations. He also helped launch Gap’s Product Red campaign in 2006, a campaign that also partnered with other retailers such as Converse, Apple, and Nike. Peck became CEO of Gap Inc in February 2015.
Peck stepped down as CEO of Gap Inc in November 2019 with a bonus estimated at $8 million.
Peck is married and has four children, two of whom work under the Gap Inc. umbrella.
- "Executive Profile: Arthur Peck". Bloomberg. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Maheshwari, Sapna (November 18, 2014). "Meet Gap's New CEO: The "Digital Guy" Preparing For More Clicks Than Footsteps". BuzzFeed News.
And the pitchman is Art Peck, the 59-year-old digital chief of the company, who will take over as its CEO in two-and-a-half months and get working on the enormous task of reshaping Gap for the 21st century.
- O'Connor, Clare (October 9, 2014). "Meet Art Peck, Gap Inc's New CEO, The Man Modernizing Retail's Old-Timer". Forbes.
The 58-year-old Harvard MBA and Boston Consulting Group alum has been responsible for some of Gap Inc's most exciting moves in the last few years.
- "Occidental College: Inside Oxy's Campaign Semester, and new jobs for a trio of high-flying alumni".
- "10 Things You Should Know About Gap's New CEO". Fast Company. 2015-03-23. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Gap CEO Murphy to Be Succeeded by Art Peck". The Business of Fashion. 2014-10-09. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Art Peck steps down as Gap Inc. CEO, stock falls". SFChronicle.com. 2019-11-07. Retrieved 2019-11-07.