Artemis (fund managers)
|Limited Liability Partnership|
Artemis Investment Management LLP is a UK–based fund manager, offering a range of funds which invest in the UK, Europe, the US and around the world.
Artemis was founded in 1997. In 2002 a majority stake was acquired by ABN AMRO; that stake subsequently passed to Fortis. Following a management buyout in 2010, Artemis is owned by Affiliated Managers Group (AMG) and the Artemis partners. This is a financial partnership: AMG does not get involved in the day-to-day running of the business.
Artemis is a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)  and currently has 28 partners, comprising fund managers and other key individuals at the firm. The four founders, Mark Tyndall, John Dodd, Derek Stuart and Lindsay Whitelaw, have always recognised that one of the key determinants in long-term success is the stability of the investment team.
Although many financial services companies sell insurance or banking products, Artemis is dedicated to asset management. The firm’s clients include retail investors, financial advisers, and large institutional investors such as pension funds and financial institutions. The firm has offices in Edinburgh and London and, as at 28 February 2017, it managed £25.1 billion of assets.
The firm’s offices are at 42 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HA and Cassini House, 57 St James's Street, London SW1A 1LD.
- "Artemis to launch new European Fund". Moneyobserver.com. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- West, Karl (12 June 2002). "Dutch take control of Artemis fund management boutique; ABN Amro deal creates merged business with (pounds) 2.3bn of assets". Glasgow Herald – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Fortis buys rest of Artemis Asset Management". Reuters. 30 September 2008.
- "GROUPS: Artemis greets management buyout.". Fund Strategy – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 8 February 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Salih, Chris (2010-02-01). "Artemis becomes a partnership". Moneymarketing.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Artemis deal underlines the upside of owning fund managers". Blogs.ft.com. 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Charity to help cyclone victims". BBC News. 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "About Artemis". Artemisonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-13.