|Born||February 22, 1949|
|Education||University of Oklahoma|
Arthur Meyerson (born February 22, 1949, in Houston) is an American photographer who specializes in advertising, editorial, and fine art photography. He graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1971 with a degree in journalism. Since 1974 he has embarked on photographic assignments and projects across the world while working for such companies as Coca-Cola, Apple, Travel + Leisure, and United Airlines. These journeys, along with his photographic workshops, have taken him to more than ninety countries and all seven continents, leading him to produce photographic series on such places as Antarctica, China, Cuba, Iceland, Portugal, Turkey, and Japan. His books The Color of Light (2012) and The Journey (2017) feature selections of images from across his more than four-decade career.
Meyerson has won multiple awards, including a gold medal from the New York Art Directors Club in 1985 and the Stephen Kelly Award in 1990 for his images for a Nike advertising campaign, among many others; Adweek named him “Southwest Photographer of the Year” three times—in 1983, 1988, and 1990. In 1999 Nikon added him to its list of “Legends Behind the Lens.” Meyerson’s photographs can be found in the collections of the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma, The Grace Museum (Abilene, Texas), the Harry Ransom Center (Austin), the Library of Congress, the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongerewa, the Portland Museum of Art (Maine), the Wittliff Collection of Southwestern and Mexican Photography (Texas State University), and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Meyerson previously served on the advisory council for the Santa Fe Center for Photography and on the board of advisors for the Houston Center for Photography; he has served on the board of advisors for Santa Fe Photographic Workshops since 1997.
- "Arthur Meyerson: Award-Winning Pro & A Dedicated Amateur, Part 1 - The Leica Camera Blog". 3 January 2011.
- "Clients - Arthur Meyerson".
- "Photo discovery in Japan - The Leica Camera Blog". 20 April 2016.
- "Arthur Meyerson – The Color of Light". 20 March 2014.
- "Bio - Arthur Meyerson".
- "Capturing Moments in Photography - Telling a Story with a Photo from Nikon".
- "Search the Collection - The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston". www.mfah.org.
- "Our Team - Santa Fe Photographic Workshops - Santa Fe, New Mexico". www.santafeworkshops.com.