Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
1st edition hardcover
R. Stephanie Good
|April 11, 2006|
|LC Class||HV6762.A75 H65 2006|
Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise is an autobiographical true crime book by Dave Holloway about his experiences searching for his missing daughter Natalee Holloway, co-written with R. Stephanie Good and Larry Garrison. It was released on April 11, 2006 by the Thomas Nelson publishing company.
The book covers Holloway's ongoing effort to locate his daughter Natalee, who disappeared during a high school graduation trip to Aruba in 2005. He details his experience following leads in crack houses and personally searching landfills. He alleges corruption among the Aruba Police Force, recalling that upon arrival on the island, they asked him how much money he had.
I am a father who has no idea what has happened to his child. The questions run through my mind all day long. Is she dead? Is she being held captive somewhere? Is she crying out for me?— Dave Holloway
Dave Holloway stated that he started taking notes in a journal by the second week of the search in Aruba for his daughter because of inconsistencies in the witness accounts of her disappearance. He felt that authorities were trying to close the investigation because of concern that it would tarnish the island's image as a tourist destination.
He said that he met journalists and other people who suggested writing a book, but he at first declined. Holloway decided to proceed after he saw what was being posted on the internet. He wrote the book in the hope that it would help solve the mystery. Though his ex-wife Beth has conceded that their daughter may be dead, Holloway stated that he has been unable to come to terms with that scenario.
Soon after its release in April 2006, the book was on The New York Times best seller list for four weeks in a row. Holloway said that he did not write the book for monetary gain and that any funds not spent on the investigation would be given to charity.
- De zaak Natalee Holloway by Joran van der Sloot
- Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith by Beth Holloway
- Overboord: hoe ik Joran van der Sloot aan het praten kreeg by Patrick van der Eem
- "Catalog record: Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise". Library of Congress. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Garrison, Larry. "Press releases and documents". Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Van Susteren, Greta (2006-04-11). "Transcript: Corruption in paradise?". Fox News. Archived from the original on December 15, 2007. Retrieved March 12, 2008.
- "Natalee Holloway's Father Hopes for the Best". Good Morning America. 2006-04-10. pp. 1–2. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise". Thomas Nelson. Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Gillespie, Steve (2006-05-28). "Holloway talks about Natalee's missing year". The Meridian Star. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "Best sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". The New York Times. 2006-04-30. Retrieved 2010-08-24.