Type of site
|Available in||Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish|
|Launched||August 3, 2010|
|385,189 (April 2014[update])|
Askalo (styled askalo) is a social networking and user-generated local question-and-answer (Q&A) site. Askalo users can ask questions about any local topic and share answers tailored to their individual needs.
Askalo questions and answers are focused on cities and local communities. The askalo communities are user-based. Users can post questions about geographic locations and receive responses from other users with local knowledge about these locations.
The Askalo Q&A sites are available in the following countries:
Argentina - Australia - Austria - Belgium - Bolivia - Canada - Chile - China - Colombia - Dominican Republic - Ecuador - El Salvador - France - Germany - Hong Kong - India - Ireland - Jamaica - Japan - Luxembourg - Malaysia - Mexico - Morocco - Netherlands - New Zealand - Pakistan - Panama - Paraguay - Peru - Philippines - Puerto Rico - Singapore - South Africa - Spain - Switzerland - United Arab Emirates - United Kingdom - United States - Uruguay - Venezuela
Languages that are currently covered: Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish
On September 30, 2010, the Internet tools and apps reviewer Usefultools.com stated, "The main problem with Askalo is simply that it doesn’t yet have enough users. Most of the cities on the site have questions, but no answers."
On December 9, 2010, commenting on the potential of Askalo, Social Media news website SocialMediaInfluence.com stated, "Askalo...[has]...not quite enough mass yet to get the response rate up."
Askalo traffic rank is lower than 320,000 and is actually trending down.
- Google Answers
- Knowledge Search
- LinkedIn Answers
- Wiki Answers
- "Askalo.info Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- AppAppeal.com : Askalo Archived 1 February 2011 at WebCite
- UsefulTools.com : Ask a local Archived 1 February 2011 at WebCite
- Social Media Influence: Start-up spotlight: askalo builds social user base for hyper-local Q&A Archived 1 February 2011 at WebCite
- Alexa traffic ranking for Askalo.info Archived 1 February 2011 at WebCite
- eBay's Kijiji acquires German Classified website OpusForum
- Interview with CEO Klaus Gapp on Killerstartups