His parents were Harnikt Henningsson and Sigrid Aslaksdatter Bolt. His mother was a member of a Norwegian noble family.
He served as archbishop of Nidaros from about 1427 to 1450. He is most known for his detailed register of properties and incomes of the archdiocese, commonly known as Aslak Bolt's cadastre (Aslak Bolts jordebok) from 1432 to 1433. The properties listed included thousands of farms, and the survey has been an important and primary historical source from the period.
- Godal, Anne Marit (ed.). "Aslak Harniktsson Bolt". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
- Olav Martinsen (December 21, 1996). "Aslak Bolt (1428-1450)". Den katolske kirke. Retrieved July 15, 2016.
- Jon Gunnar Arntzen. "Bolt". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved July 15, 2016.
- Dybdahl, Audun. "Aslak Harniktsson Bolt". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
- "Aslak Bolts jordebok". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved July 15, 2016.
|This Norwegian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|