This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Spouse(s)||Anis Ansari, IAS|
|Children||Amira Husain & Naila Ansari|
Asma Hussain displayed her first collection in 1994, and founded the Asma Hussain Institute of Fashion Technology (AIFT) in Uttar Pradesh in the same year. The institute is recognised by the Government of India's National Council for Vocational Training.
Asma Hussain Institute of Fashion Technology (AIFT)
The Asma Hussain Institute of Fashion Technology was established in 1995 and inaugurated by Motilal Vora, the governor of Uttar Pradesh. It is an autonomous non-governmental organisation registered under the Societies Registration Act.
Asma Hussain has organised a number of fashion shows in the name of her institute, including "Nazakat" for IAS week 1998, "Costumes of Avadh" for the Lucknow club and the Uttar Pradesh Khadi & Village industry board. A two-day fashion festival in 1997 was also organized by her at Jahangirabad Palace.
Asma Hussain Fashion House
The Fashion House is a retail design outlet for handicrafts and ensembles of Uttar Pradesh and other regions. It has a manufacturing unit for Zari Zardozi, Chikan work, Mukaish, Appliqué and Tailored garments. Students at the AIFT showcase their work in the studio as a part of the practical learning process.
- Rafique, MohdArshi (20 March 2009). "Lucknow in Lifestyle". Indian Express.
- Bhirani, Radhika (21 March 2009). "Reviving Awadh craft is designer Asma Hussain's mission". Hindustan Times.
- "Asma Hussai, member of FDCI". Fashion Design Council of India. 21 March 2009.
- Wadhwa, Akash (10 August 2013). "Anis Ansari and wife Asma Hussain's iftari party". The Times of India.
- "Sab Kuch Bakhoobi Sambhal Sakti hai Maa". Jansandesh Times. 11 May 2014. Archived from the original on 14 May 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Asma Hussain Institute Of Fashion Technology". The News Bond. 20 November 2009.
- "Hussain's mission to revive awadh craft". Zee News. 21 March 2009.