Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up asynchrony, async, asynchronous, or asynchronously in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Asynchrony is the state of not being in synchronization.
Asynchrony or asynchronous may refer to:
Electronics and computing
- Asynchrony (computer programming), the occurrence of events independent of the main program flow, and ways to deal with such events
- Asynchronous system, a system having no global clock, instead operating under distributed control
- Asynchronous cellular automaton, a mathematical model of discrete cells which update their state independently
- Asynchronous operation, a sequence of operations executed out of time coincidence with any event
- Asynchrony (game theory), when players in games update their strategies at different time intervals
- Asynchronous learning, a teaching method that uses online learning resources
- Asynchronous motor, a type of electric motor
- Asynchronous multiplayer, a form of multiplayer gameplay in video games
- Asynchronous muscles, muscles in which there is no one-to-one relationship between stimulation and contraction
- Collaborative editing or asynchronous editing, the practice of groups producing works together through individual contributions
- 2017 album async, by Japanese musician and composer Ryuichi Sakamoto
- All pages with titles beginning with asynchrony or asynchronous
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Asynchrony.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.