|Founded||Cambridge, UK (2010 ) Series A Investment|
|Founder||Dr. Christopher Mitchell (CEO)|
|Dr. Robert Swann (chairman) Alphamosaic, Amy Weatherup (director)|
Audio Analytic is a British company that has developed a patented sound recognition software framework called ai3 which provides technology with the ability to understand context through sound. This framework includes an embeddable software platform that can react to a range of sounds such as smoke alarm & CO alarms, window breakage, baby cry and dogs barking. Aimed at consumer technology, Audio Analytic's software can be embedded into a wide range of intelligent devices in the home, out and about, or in the car. It is hardware agnostic and designed to run on-device and not in the cloud.
The company was based on University PhD research with seed investment from EEDA (East of England Development Agency) and local Angel investors.
Audio Analytic’s product is called ai3 which is embedded on a device along with an assortment of sound profiles that the software can recognise:
- Window break
- Smoke & CO alarms
- Baby cry
- Dog bark
- Anomaly detection
Sales and application design headquarters in Cambridge, UK
- 2010 Audio Analytic secured early seed funding from Cambridge Angels.
- 2011 Audio Analytic announces the version one release of its professional security products Glass Break, Aggression, Car Alarm and Gunshot.
- 2012 Audio Analytic features in White Paper from Texas Instruments
- 2013 Audio Analytic announces the version one release of its consumer products including Smoke and CO alarms and Baby Cry.
- 2014 Audio Analytic Wins International Award for Consumer Electronics
- 2014 Closed seed funding to raise $1.3 million from Cambridge Angels;
- 2015 Range of smart home customers announce products featuring their Sound Recognition System.
- 2015 Close Series A funding to raise $1.4 million from Cambridge Angels, Cambridge Innovation Capital and IQ Capital Partners.
- 2017 Close Series A funding round to raise $5.5m from Cambridge Innovation Capital, IQ Capital, Rockspring, Cambridge Angels and Martlet.
- Audio Analytic features as one of the top ten Silicon Fen companies to watch in 2015 https://web.archive.org/web/20150206025415/http://digitalmedia.strategyeye.com/article/MivXqlkT54U/2015/01/28/insight_silicon_fen_10_companies_from_cambridge_to_watch_in_/
- Audio Analytic wins international consumer electronics award http://conferences.theiet.org/innovation/shortlist/index.cfm (2014)
- Observer National Newspaper in the UK says Audio Analytic is one of the most exciting startups in Cambridge - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/01/cambridge-university-internet-tech-startup (2013)
- Get Smart With TI’s Embedded Analytic Technology” features Audio Analyic and its part in leading-edge embedded analytic systems - http://www.ti.com/lit/wp/spry201/spry201.pdf (2012)
- Chris Mitchell (CEO) talks on BBC Radio 4 24/10/2011 – 16:30 on BBC Radio 4 – (19 mins – 24 mins into the show, 30 min show) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0167zkq
- A&S International features Audio Analytic in Prisons article. https://web.archive.org/web/20150205224719/http://www.asmag.com/showpost/11058.aspx
- Bloomberg article 'Building a house that can hear' focuses on Audio Analytic https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-03/building-a-house-that-can-hear (2016)
- BBC article 'Why an AI firm is busy smashing thousands of windows' http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170111-why-an-ai-firm-is-busy-smashing-thousands-of-windows (2017)
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This software company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|