August Sicard von Sicardsburg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|August Sicard von Sicardsburg|
|Born||6 December 1813
|Died||11 June 1868 (aged 54)
|Known for||Vienna State Opera|
Karl Freiherr von Hasenauer was one of his students.
Sicardsburg died in 1868 in Weidling, Austria of tuberculosis, 6 weeks after his partner Eduard van der Nüll committed suicide; neither saw the opening of the Vienna State Opera in 1869.
List of works
Along with Eduard van der Nüll
- Schutzengelbrunnen (fountain), 1843-1846
- Sofiensaal, 1845
- Carltheater, 1846-1847
- Arsenal 1849-1855
- Vienna State Opera, 1861-1869
- Haas-Haus, 1866-1868 (now site of the unrelated Haas-Haus)
- Palais Larisch-Mönich, 1867-1868
- Industriepalast on the occasion of the World Exposition of 1873.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to August Sicard von Sicardsburg.|
|This article about an Austrian architect is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|