The Auryn Quartet is a German string quartet. Founded in 1981, the members are Andreas Arndt (cello), Stewart Eaton (viola), Mattthias Lingenfelder (*1959) and Jens Oppermann (*1960), both violin.
After winning several early awards - including the London International Competition (1982), the ARD International Music Competition (1982), and the main prize at the European Broadcasting Competition in Bratislava (1989) - they have had the opportunity to treat the classic repertoire in particular depth thanks to the ongoing interactions between the original personnel.
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (6 September 1997). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 48–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "Auryn Quartet: Heavyweights In Boston". NPR.org. 26 March 2009.
- "Opera & Classical Music Listings for Feb. 13–19". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Haydn: String quartets Op. 76/Auryn Quartet". classicstoday.com.
- "Auryn Quartet to complete Beethoven string quartet cycle". bates.edu.
- Vivien Schweitzer. "Review: Auryn Quartet Forges a Radiance at the Frick". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 February 2015.