Australian Worldwide Exploration
|Traded as||ASX: AWE|
|(Non Exec. Chairman)|
(Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director)
Number of employees
Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) is an oil and gas producer with proven resources in Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand.
- Tui oil fields - offshore Taranaki basin, New Zealand
- BassGas project - offshore Bass Strait, Tasmania
- Casino gas project - offshore Otway basin, Victoria
- Onshore Perth Basin interests, Western Australia
In early 2001 AWE acquired 30% of the undeveloped Yolla field in Bass Strait.
In mid 2003, AWE acquired a 25% interest in VIC/P44. Transaction included the Casino gas field which was brought into production in 2006.
Tui Area, acquired in 2006, started oil production on July 30, 2007. In December 2013 company purchased an additional 15% interest in the Tui area oil project.
In 2006 AWE opened an office in Indonesia to review exploration and potential development opportunities. AWE's first drill in the Bulu basin took place in early 2008. In early 2012, AWE purchased a 100% interest and operatorship of two Indonesian Production Sharing Contracts: Ande Ande Lumut (AAL) oil field and the Anambas gas.
In August 2008 company merged with ARC Energy gaining additional equity in the BassGas and Cliff Head projects.
- Bruce J. Phillips - Independent Non-executive Chairman;
- David A. J. Biggs - Managing Director;
- David I. McEvoy - Independent Non-executive Director;
- Ken G. Williams - Independent Non-executive Director;
- Raymond J. Betros - Independent Non-executive Director;
- Karen L. C. Penrose - Independent Non-executive Director.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|