Autobahn is a play written by Neil LaBute in 2003. It consists of seven short vignettes—each one involving just two people, and each one taking place entirely in the front seat of a car.
Autobahn originally consisted of five one-act plays when it premiered as a benefit in March 2004 at the Manhattan Class Company. The cast included Kevin Bacon, Kieran Culkin, Brian Dennehy, Peter Dinklage, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Christopher Meloni, Amanda Peet, Susan Sarandon, Kyra Sedgwick, and Paul Rudd. The original five short plays were titled Bench Seat, Long Division, Road Trip, Autobahn, and Merge. Two more segments titled All Apologies and Funny were added to later productions.
A production in 2009 by Theatre Jezebel at the Tron Theatre in Glasgow starred Sally Reid, Candida Benson, Alison Peebles, Johnny Austin, and Angela Darcy. The Guardian called it "A masterclass in acting ... each dazzling performance seems to outshine the last"
- Hernandez, Ernio and Allen, Morgan. "MCC Rides the Fast Lane w/ 'Autobahn' playbill.com, March 9, 2004
- TheaterMania: Starry Benefit Reading of LaBute's Autobahn Set for March 8, by Matthew Murray, February 27, 2004
- Village Theatre Guild Productions: Autobahn, October 2011 Archived October 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Autobahn: Neil LaBute sure knows what drives relationships, The Seattle Times, April 22, 2008
- OnstageScotland: Autobahn at Theatre Jezebel
- Autobahn review by Mark Fisher, The Guardian, November 11, 2009
- Pizzato, Mark (August 10, 2007) “Review of Autobahn by Neil LaBute, Carolina Actors Studio Theatre”, ARTS à la Mode
- Lamb, Rebecca Elise. "Review" Aussie Theatre.com, October 7, 2013