|Chief Scientist, Ministry of Economy State of Israel|
Jan 2011 – April 2017
|Prime Minister||Benjamin Netanyahu|
Lydia LazanesAviram Zolti
|Preceded by||Dr. Eli Opper|
Avi Hasson holds Bachelor of Arts degrees in Economics and Middle Eastern Studies, and a Master of Business Administration from Tel Aviv University. He is a graduate of the IDF's elite HAMAN-TALPIOT Program, where he served as an Intelligence Officer of the Israel Defense Forces.
Hasson held a ten-year tenure with Gemini Israel Funds, where he served as General Partner and managed investments in communications, storage and consumer electronics. Before this time, he spent a decade working for several leading telecommunications companies, such as ECI Telecom, ECtel and Tadiran Systems, where he fulfilled roles in product marketing and business development.
Hasson served as Israel's chief scientist for six years, from January 2011 to April 2017.
- Coren, Ora. "Naftali Bennett has transformed Israel's trade ministry, both in name and in agenda". Haaretz, May 19, 2013. Retrieved on May 26, 2013.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts. "Governor and Israeli Announce Innovation Partnership" (Press release). June 19, 2012. Retrieved on May 19, 2013.
- Orpaz, Inbal. "Chief Scientist warns budget cuts are endangering Israeli high tech". Haaretz, December 20, 2012. Retrieved on May 19, 2013.
- Israel National News. "Avi Hasson Named New Chief Scientist". November 23, 2010. Retrieved on May 19, 2013.
- Eliran, Rubin. "The Chief Scientist finishes his term". The Marker, Dec 26, 2016. Retrieved Mar 13, 2019