Axel C. Heitmann
|Axel C. Heitmann|
|Born||October 2, 1959 (age 57)
|Occupation||chemical industry executive|
Axel Claus Heitmann (born October 2, 1959) is a German business executive in the chemical industry.
Life and career
After being enrolled in a training program at Bayer AG, he held a series of research and development and management jobs in the company’s rubber manufacturing and cellulose products divisions. In 2002, he rose to the post of head of Bayer’s Rubber Business Group and joined the executive committee of Bayer MaterialScience.
Heitmann is married and has two children.
- BusinessWeek executive profile, accessed 12/10/09.
- Brad Dawson, “Lanxess’ Top Exec Discusses Firm’s Plans, Progress,” Rubber & Plastics News, October 2, 2006.
- ChemEurope.com, “Bayer NewCo to be Named ‘Lanxess,’” March 19, 2004.
- The Stevies: The International Business Awards, accessed 12/10/09.
- Lanxess website, “Dr. Axel Claus Heitmann: Curriculum Vitae,” Archived June 8, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. accessed 12/10/09.