Axley Brynelson, LLP
|No. of offices||2|
|No. of attorneys||54|
|No. of employees||104|
|Key people||Patricia Gibeault, Managing Partner|
E. Ray Stevens[self-published source?]
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Axley Brynelson, LLP is a full-service law firm founded in 1885 with two Wisconsin offices in Madison and Waukesha. As one of Madison's oldest and most experienced law firms, Axley Brynelson represents individuals, small businesses, government entities and privately and publicly held companies. The Wisconsin Law Journal named Axley Brynelson one of the 10 largest Wisconsin law firms in its Largest Law Firms of 2009 Survey, and the firm's attorneys are regularly recognized by national and local publications including Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Magazine,[self-published source?] Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings and the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers.[self-published source?]
Axley Brynelson traces its lineage back to the 1885 partnership of Burr W. Jones and Francis Lamb. The firm has had three of their attorneys serve as president of the Wisconsin Bar Association. As of January 2015, they had 168 cases before the Wisconsin Supreme Court. The firm took the name Axley Brynelson in 1988 with the merger of Brynelson, Herrick, Buchaida, Dorchel and Armstrong with Easton & Harms. At that time, the newly formed company was the largest tenant of the new Manchester Place office building at 2 East Mifflin in Madison occupying 2 floors (20,000 sqft).
Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Creditors' Rights,[self-published source?] Business Law, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Criminal defense,[self-published source?] Electronic Discovery and Records Management, Environmental Law, Estate Planning, Family Law, Government Relations, Health Law, Information Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law, Labor and Employment, Litigation, Personal Injury Law[self-published source?] and Telecommunications Law.[self-published source?]
American Transmission Company LLC, AnchorBank, City of Fitchburg, EMC Insurance Companies, Mead and Hunt, Menard, Inc., Mullins Group, ProAssurance Wisconsin Insurance Company, TDS Telecom, and Wisconsin Housing Preservation Corp.
Axley Brynelson has two office locations in Wisconsin: Madison, Wisconsin and Waukesha, Wisconsin. Patricia Gibeault became the firms first female managing partner after John Mitby stepped down October 31, 2014.
- Matzek, MaryBeth (June 11, 2015). "Gibeault has knack for firsts at Axley Brynelson". Wisconsin Law Journal. (Subscription required (. ))
- "History". axley.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Vanden Plas, Joe (January 2015). "The Test of Time: Anniversary companies put the 'long' in longevity - Axley Brynelson, est. 1885". In Business Madison.
- "Largest Law Firms of 2009". Wisconsin Law Journal. January 4, 2010. (Subscription required (. ))
- "20 Axley Attorneys Named to Wisconsin Super Lawyers & Rising Stars List". axley.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Axley Attorneys Named in 2014 Edition of "Best Lawyers"". axley.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- Lautenschlager, Scott (December 15, 1987). "Manchester Place filling as large law firm signs on". Wisconsin State Journal. p. 6. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Creditors' Rights". axley.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Criminal Defense". axley.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Personal Injury Law". axley.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Telecommunications, Cable Television & Internet". axley.com. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Waukesha-based law firm Murn & Martin joins Axley". Wisconsin State Journal. April 5, 2012.
- "Who's Doing What: Gibeault first female managing partner at Axley Brynelson". Wisconsin Law Journal. November 14, 2014. (Subscription required (. ))