|Full name||Balasubramoniam Kalyanasundaram|
12 August 1947 |
Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, India
|Domestic team information|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 1 March 2016
B. Kalyanasundaram (born 12 August 1947) is an Indian former first-class cricketer who represented Tamil Nadu and Kerala. He later worked as a selector for Tamil Nadu Cricket Association and the director of Chennai Super Kings Ltd.
Life and career
Kalyanasundaram was born on 12 August 1947 in Kumbakonam, Thanjavur district. A right-arm medium pace bowler, he began his career with Kerala in the 1966/67 season. He took a ten-wicket haul in his third first-class match, with figures of 4/49 and 6/58 against Hyderabad. He switched to his home state team Tamil Nadu two seasons later and represented it for ten years. He was part of the Tamil Nadu team that finished runners-up in the 1972–73 Ranji Trophy. He took a hat-trick in the final against Bombay, becoming the first bowler to take a hat-trick in a Ranji final. He appeared in a total of 51 first-class matches and took 147 wickets at an average of 20.
Kalyanasundaram became a selector for Tamil Nadu Cricket Association after his playing career. He worked as the chairman of the under-17 and under-19 selection panel, before becoming the chairman of selectors of the senior team in 2009. He was replaced at the position in 2014 by Sridharan Sharath. In 2015, he was appointed as the director of the Chennai Super Kings Ltd. Between 2009 and 2013, he had also worked as a match referee in domestic cricket matches.
- Frederick, Prince (17 June 2013). "Pitching for cricket". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Hyderabad v Kerala in 1966/67". CricketArchive. Retrieved 1 March 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Kalyanasundaram". CricketArchive. Retrieved 1 March 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Sharath set to take over from Kalyanasundaram". The Hindu. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Aircel reaffirms support to CSK". The Hindu. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Lists of matches and detailed statistics for Kalyanasundaram". CricketArchive. Retrieved 1 March 2016. (Subscription required (. ))