BBR Construction, BBR System, Bureau BBR, BBR Group or BBR VT International is a Swiss construction firm specializing in cable construction projects such as suspension bridges and tramways. They built the first carbon fibre stay cable bridge. The firm was started in 1944 by three engineers, Max Birkenmaier, Antonio Brandestini and Mirko Robin Ros. Their stay cable technology has been applied to over 400 major structures around the world.
Among their projects have been:
- 1961 the Schiller Street Bridge in Stuttgart, Germany, span 61 meters, a curved, stay cable bridge for pedestrians
- 1991 the Gilly Bridge over the Isere River in Albertville, France, longest span 102 meters, a stay cable bridge with a single tower
- 1996 the Storchenbrücke bridge in Winterthur, Switzerland, main span 63 meters, the world's first carbon fibre stay cables bridge
- 1997 the Godavari Arch Bridge over the Godavari river in Rajahmundry, India, Asia's second longest railroad bridge.
- 2012 The Ada Bridge over the Sava river in Belgrade, Serbia.
- "BBR History". BBR Construction Systems.
- "History - Innovative traditions". BBR, A Global Network of Experts.
- Hewson, Nigel R. (2003). Prestressed Concrete Bridges: Design and Construction. London: Thomas Telford. p. 21. ISBN 978-0-7277-3223-1.
- "BBR VT International". Tectus. Archived from the original on 12 January 2016.
- Sengupta, S. (2000). "Case Studies of a few selected Stay Cable Bridges Constructed World over by the BBR Group". In Dayaratnam, P. Cable Stayed, Supported, and Suspension Bridges. Hyderabad, India: Universities Press. pp. 173–191. ISBN 978-81-7371-271-5.
- Troyan, Leonardo Fernández (2003). Bridge Engineering: A Global Perspective. London: Thomas Telford. pp. 616, 638. ISBN 978-0-7277-3215-6.
- Photo "Storchenbrücke Winterthur".
- "Godavari Bridge". Structurae. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- Sengupta, S. (2003). "Third Godavari Railway Bridge, India". Structures for High-Speed Railway Transportation (IABSE Symposium, Antwerp, Belgium, 2003). Zürich, Switzerland: International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering. pp. 150–151. ISBN 978-3-85748-109-3.
- "Bridge over the River Sava in the City of Belgrade Project: The Employer and Project Participants". Archived from the original on 2012-01-06.